Re: Replica Question for WndJameR

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from spider-mtc-th062.proxy.aol.com on December 31, 2000 at 23:39:51:

In Reply to: Replica Question for WndJameR posted by 007 on December 30, 2000 at 21:58:44:

So far I have not run across a source for the big Webley. The only Webley that I know of so far is the Webley Bulldog, a 5 shot revolver in .32 caliber. See either Collectors Amoury or Pinerige7. However I am always on the lookout for all kinds of prop weaponary, so if I do find a source, I WILL post it here.
The Snake Plisskin character appeared in two films, "Escape from New York", and the sequel "Escape from LA". In New York, he carried what appears to be a stainless steel revolver, scope mounted. It looks like a S&W mod 27 (.357) or mod 29 (.44), with a 4" bbl. His other piece is an Ingram MAC 11 9mm with sound suppressor, but with the folding shoulder stock removed. The suppressor is also equipped with a scope, aqs one could not be mounted on the weapon itself without interfering with the charging handle of the bolt. This movie has become just about impossible to find in the rental places, so I will probably have to go to Ebay for a copy. I would love to hear that it had been released to DVD, but I'm not holding my breath. IN "LA", Snakes personal sidearms are a matched set of stainless steel S&W .44 model 29 Classics with smooth cylinders, and the ejector housing extend the full length of the 6" barrels. They are also equipped with Aimpoint sighting devices. This movie IS readily available to rent. Although it has been awhile, I believe at one point, he is also carrying an HK MP5 with collapsing stock, also scope mounted. There are other weapons used, but the escape me at the moment. My costume is based on the New York version.
As for the Shadow Hat. I'm having Peter Bros custome make me one. It is a snap brim Fedora style, with a 4" brim, the front of the crown slopes backward slighly, the top of the crown is level instead of dropping slight toward the rear, and the ribbon is 2" wide. The color, of course, is black.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]