Re: Shamalamadingdong and Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Not a Fan from 1Cust57.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 01, 2001 at 08:10:06:

In Reply to: Re: Shyalaman and Indy posted by Jerry King on December 30, 2000 at 11:26:03:

Let's keep ol' M. Night whats-his-name AND John Woo on the bench for this one.

Bonus question, and be careful how you answer this: What was your favorite scene in Deliverance?

I knew it: the love scene. Just think what that would be like if Woo would direct a remake of it. The hillbilly aggressor would be played by Stone Cold Steve Austin with a Terminator glowing red eye, they would use the prosthetic wang from the last scene in Boogie Nights, and the Burt Reynolds character, this time played by Tom Cruise (who else?), would interrupt it all with a surface-to-redneck missile. Woo is fully capable of pushing a nice, tastefully-done, romantic homosexual rape scene WAY over the top.

: Speaking for myself, I most certainly wouldn't like Shyalaman to have anything to do with Indy - I don't want the 4th movie turned into the X-Files or Profiler. I still can't say I've seen anything really impressive that he's done - Sixth Sense is almost as overrated as the Blair Witch, and as far as atmosphere goes, give me Manhunter, The Ninth Gate and Deliverance any time...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]