Just saw 'Raiders'

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mola Ram from spider-ta038.proxy.aol.com on January 01, 2001 at 16:59:46:

I just got home from seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark at a local arthouse cinema here in Indianapolis. I always try to catch it if it plays at any of the theaters here. Sometimes it shows at a regular first-run theater. While it is and always will be my favorite movie, the print I just saw today was absolutely horrible. Many, many film scratches, sound pops, a constant crackling on the soundtrack, frame skips, any scene that took place outside was washed out, the film broke in the middle of the truck chase sequence. The theater itself didn't have surround sound of any kind, but I expected that.

I've seen it two other times in a different theater and the prints weren't perfect but they weren't as bad as what I saw today.

I just wish I could've invited George Lucas to watch this print and see that this movie must be remastered the way he did Star Wars. I don't care about new scenes, just clean the print up and polish the soundtrack. This movie (along with the other two) is a guaranteed profit at the box office.

I don't know how the guy with the 20th anniversary campaign is doing at getting Lucas' attention. But after seeing warped version of Raiders today, the film needs it more than ever!!

But since this year marks the 20th anniversary of Raiders, there is no sign that it will be released this year.

George if you see this at all, please, please consider it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]