Re: Getting up the nerve.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.228 on January 02, 2001 at 17:45:59:

In Reply to: Getting up the nerve. posted by MK on January 02, 2001 at 17:05:45:

: Well boys, I think I am going to order a PeterBros fedora today. Any advice on features to ask for or avoid?

: Also I am pretty sure I will be selling my Miller if anyone is interested. It is dimensionally cut has a dark ribbon and the sweetest Raiders bash & pinch you can get on a Miller. 7 3/8

:

:

I have bought a couple of the PB fedoras, and I have developed some preferences. I will just say that my next PB will have a 6 inch open crown height, a 5 inch Raiders pinch, the 45 degree angle on the front/side bashes,( just like the hat as viewed in Cairo bar scene), with a dimensional cut brim 2 7/8 x 2 3/4. Also, I have both of the leather sweatbands that he offers, and I really prefer the narrower antique brown variety. The wide one is ok, but I detest the tan color. Go with the optional white liner, the red is different and eye catching, but the white is more authenic, especially if you go with the brown sweatband. You are gonna love this hat! I have Joe turn the sides of my brim up a bit, and it has a killer look. I have now gotten rid of my last Miller, and wear nothing but my PB and my Campdraft. I am absolutely sold on these two hats. My GW fedora stays in the box these days. One thing that really sets the PB apart from the other fedoras, is the crown is slimmer in appearance than any other fedora that I have owned. This is one of the keys in obtaining that look, in my opinion. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]