The "Clown Shoes" guy's opinion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 209-142-19-93.stk.inreach.net on January 03, 2001 at 01:10:36:

In Reply to: My opinion... posted by Austin Powers on January 03, 2001 at 00:59:53:

I too, usually wear a 10.5. The store in S.F. is only about 100 miles from where I live. I settled on a 9.5E. The shoes are a little longer than most I've ever worn, but I think that's just the way they're built. I agree that one should order at least a half size smaller. Also, just my opinion.
See ya! DeWayne

: I usually wear a size 10.5 for tennis shoes and boots. So I ordered a 10.5 pair of Aldens. Not a good idea. Them sumbitches were huge. They looked like what someone else on here referred to as "clown shoes". So I sent 'em back and got me a size 10. These are a lot better. They don't look quite as much like skis, but they're still slightly longer(1/8 to 1/4") than all my other shoes/boots(even ones that are size 11). I sure wish there was a place near me that sold Aldens so I could try on a dozen pairs 'til I found one that fit great and didn't look huge. I mean I guess there's a plus side to walkin' around with big shoes...but ya gotta draw the line somewhere. I almost think a size 9.5 would be the perfect choice for me, but I can live with these.

: As far as you ordering a size 11, DON'T. But that's just my opinion. Judging from MY experience I'd tell everyone to order AT LEAST a half size smaller than what you usually wear. Looking back I wish someone had clued me in on this. It might even be a good idea to order two pairs and keep the best-fitting pair. They should accept the other pair back as a return, as long as they aren't worn. I think the 7 or 8 bucks that'd cost to mail a pair back is WELL WORTH having Aldens that fit great and don't look odd.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]