Ordered a Mark Allen!!! But i need some advice....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from AC8A501A.ipt.aol.com on January 03, 2001 at 12:04:52:

just a couple quick questions...

for the past two summers i have been involved in a medieval faire (www.medievalfaire.com...i was prince john one year! lol!) and there are a LOT of bullwhips at those things. well, after meeting a lot of these guys, they taught me a little bit about swingin' crackin' and handlin' of whips. i have just ordered a mark allen six footer (as that was advised for a good length on a beginner) and i'm SO excited.

*(mark allen comments below)

it should be here soon, and i have just a couple questions...

can i get it wet? i realize water COULD damage the leather, but will it really affect its performance? CAN i waterproof it? if/when it DOES get wet, can i just wipe/dry it? It's snowing out here in Ohio, can i USE IT in the snow (provided i don't let the snow DRY, i.e. MELT) on the whip? IS there life on other planets? did indy REALLY drink whiskey? WAS he just apple juice? what IS the meaning of life? How many LICKS does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsiepop?

i realize these are pressing and important questions to us all. : )

*(those aforementioned mark allen comments follow)
these guys are GREAT! i talked to "marty" and let me tell you, he was fantastic. good customer service always makes ya feel like ya just made a new friend. on the phone, after he already took my order and explained how to care for it, he THEN just sat and chit chatted about how to USE IT. wow, i mean, i had nothing better to do at the time, and it was great. really made me comfortable with their company. answered EVERY question i could come up with...and then some. so if you're looking for a whip, i'd advise 'em...it was good.

i'll probably be showing this on that internet show i have at clevelandhits.com, but we'll have to wait on that i think. i gotta get a refresher course on it before i make a fool of myself! ha haha

sorry bout the long post...i just felt like writin'

latuh gatuh
pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: