Thanks (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on January 03, 2001 at 12:06:00:

In Reply to: Re: Getting up the nerve. posted by Fedora on January 02, 2001 at 22:23:38:

: : Thanks Fedora. A couple of follow up questions:

: : 1)What size do you wear?

: : 2)"a 5 inch Raiders pinch" please explain.

: : 3)The PB crown is slimmer in appearance than any other fedora that I have owned. Is that because it is taller?

: : Thanks

:
: I wear a 7 1/4. The 5 inch pinch refers to the height of the pinch from the brim to the top of the pinch. My other PB has a 5 3/4 open crown height with a 4 3/4 high front pinch. With a 6 inch open crown, I am adjusting up a 1/4 of an inch to keep the same proportions. The PB hat, or at least the 2 that I have purchased, have a slimmer looking crown when viewed from the front. I know it seems nonsensical, but this was the first thing that I noticed about them. Seems like all hats that are a size 7 1/4 should share the same sized crown, but I can assure you the PBs are different. This makes them look more like the film hats, on my head anyway. You will see what I mean if you still have your Miller when your PB arrives. When you see this fedora, you will find it hard to own anything else. By the way, the Miller does look good. Good work! Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]