Where DOES Indy work?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by auryn from spider-to082.proxy.aol.com on September 07, 1998 at 17:12:49:

In Reply to: Walter Donovan the socialite posted by nitzsche on September 05, 1998 at 21:52:48:

Indy works in New York City, at least in LC. This is a huge inconsistency in the movies and books. Even though he has the same classroom in both Raiders and LC, and Marcus appears at both location, Raiders, the "plane" leaves from California and in LC, it leaves from New York. In the Raiders novelization that is adapted from the screenplay, it says that Indy works at Marshall College in ~Connecticut~. In the LC novel, no college is named but the location is given as New York City.

As for Henry, I believe he lives in Princeton because he teaches at Princeton University...

Finally, I don't know what Donovan is doing having a party in the day. In the book, a few hours elapsed in between the time his men "kidnapped" Indy and the time that he arrived at Donovan's house, making it "nearly dusk". But, in the movie, you can clearly see by looking out the window that it is still daytime. I think it's just a big mistake on the part of Steven Spielberg to be honest.

In any case, thanks nitzsche for bringing this point up. When I went to check my LC book about this, a ten dollar bill fell out. Only minutes ago I was broke.... :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]