Is this factored into the the new FS jacket design (NM)?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-tp044.proxy.aol.com on January 03, 2001 at 19:19:05:

In Reply to: More anal retentive jacket stuff... posted by Patterson on January 03, 2001 at 18:05:28:

: One important measurement/proportionality difference between the Wested and the original Raiders jacket I examined? Based on my observations of the movies, it convinces me more that what Wested sells is basically a modified Last Crusade jacket. What separates the Wested/Last Crusade jacket from either the ToD or the Raiders jacket is the length of the front of the jacket - not as it sits around the waist, but to the base of the collar stand to the hem. Every Wested I've ever owned has had the same measurement front and back from the base of the collar stand to the hem. This appears to be consistent with the Last Crusade jacket as I see it on the screen.

: On the original I examined, the front measurement was 1 inch shorter than the back. This resulted in the collar sitting lower towards the collarbone. On the LC jacket, the measurement is the same, making the front of the collar sit higher. On a size 48, the difference is approximately 1.5 inches difference - 26 inches in the back and 24.5 inches in the front. Remember, this does not affect the bottom of the jacket, only on how high the collar sits. As such, this affects the collar measurement as well, i.e. because the collar sits higher, the circumference is smaller. If my math is correct, the difference would be about 0.75 inch on a size 40, or 1 inch on my size 48 - going from an 18 inch collar on the LC to a 19 inch collar on the ToD or Raiders.

: Another effect of this is that the collar of the Raiders and ToD sits more flush, i.e. lower relative to the shirt collar.

: Thoughts? Do I think about this stuff too much?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: