Browning High Power Replica

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from spider-tq011.proxy.aol.com on January 04, 2001 at 01:49:33:

In my never ending search for prop weaponary, I found a site called "Fain's World of Airsoft Guns" (http://fain.freeyellow.com/page1.html). Now for those of you who are not familiar with Airsofts, they are replica firearms constructed of durable ABS plastic, with some metal parts. A wide variety of modern weapons are available from AK-47's & Uzi's to the everylovin' good ole Colt Gov't 45 Auto. They come in three basic types: Spring (you manually cock an internal air cylinder by pulling back on the slide, 1 shot per cocking action), electric (a battery pack powers a motor that cocks the internal air cylinder-these are most prevalent on their selective fire, full auto models like the MP5-K as featured in The Matrix), or gas (a gas cylinder provides the propellent source, some models even duplicate the slide action during the firing sequence-these are called Blow Back models). They fire a 6mm soft ABS pellet (WILL NOT FIRE COPPER PELLETS), and there are even 6mm paintball pellets for the spring and gas models (not recommended for the electric). Anyway, I found Indy's other gun, a Browning High Power M1935 under the gas blow back models at this site. The manufacturer is Tanaka, and the cost is not cheap. It is $279.oo and it is also a special order item, figure 3 weeks for stocking. However it IS cheaper than the real thing, and probably more obtainable. Again, because it IS considered a pellet gun, check your local laws. But for most of the country, no license or permit is required. Since these are imported, the tip of the barrel or the front of the weapon is painted orange in compliance with BATF directives, however that can be easily painted over. Again, because of their relatively cheap cost and realistic looks, these are often used in place of the real thing by the movie industry.
I will continue searching for the Webley, and will post that info as it should become available.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]