Easy there big fella

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on January 04, 2001 at 13:09:53:

In Reply to: The ONLY REAL adventure posted by WndJameR on January 04, 2001 at 12:41:02:

I was not intending to offend anyone, nor imped your income. But this is still the United States of America and as hard as some try, the Constitution and The Bill of Rights are still in place. Including the Second Amendment, which guarantees our Right to bare arms. If you served in the armed forces, you were fighting to protect and perserve those hard earned rights.

Many states such as Arizona allow their citizen's to openly carry guns (and have lower crime as a result). Unfortunately I live in California where it is not as civilized, but I choose to exercise my right when camping in the desert. Out there, there is no one who is going to take care of you but yourself.

It is fine to wear a fake gun at a costume party, but I would never wear one in public in any state. It gives the police AND the bad guys the wrong idea.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]