Nope...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on January 04, 2001 at 19:30:48:

In Reply to: You measured the wrong spot... posted by Austin Powers on January 04, 2001 at 18:08:54:

: The area that I think is 3" on Indy's jacket is at the smallest points of the top back panel. The distance from the end of each shoulder seam to the shoulder blade seam appears to be about 3". The distance is clearly farther on the Flight Suits jacket. Way farther than a proportional adjustment would dictate.

: As far as the "V" shaped back is concerned look at the photo above. The top of the lower back panel is WAY wider than the bottom of the panel, creating the "V" shape. The Flight Suits jacket has a lower back panel that is perfently rectangular. The top is the same width as the bottom.

: I still don't buy the short torso theory. I'm looking a picture of Ford from "Raiders" next to a picture of myself in nearly the same standing pose. My hands end in the same spot in proportion to my waist as Ford's do. Are you guys really built that oddly? I mean how long are your torsos? Do your hands end exactly at your waists?

: I can scan photos that illustrate my points. I'm not trying to be a jag-off, I think the Flight Suits jacket looks pretty damn cool. I'm just trying to figure out why the back of it looks so different than what we(or at least I) see on the movie screen.

: Austin Powers

: P.S. I've heard complaints about the length of the sleeves in relation to the length of the body of the Flight Suits jacket. People say the sleeves end where the body ends, and this is indeed the case on their website. What I wanna know is, how can these people's torso length be blamed when they've obviously never had this problem with other coats? Seems to me this's just a Flight Suits flaw that needs to be addressed.

On the tapering of the back panel, on my size 48, the panel is 21 inches across the top, and 18 across the bottom, tapering 85%, which was consistant with the original's proportion. That one kind of stuck in my mind.

On where you are measuring the 3 inches, i.e. at the end of the shoulder piece, honestly, I don't have that metric at my fingertips, but I can assure you it's not 5 or 6 inches - especially if mine is 5 inches in the center, I'd make a SWAG that it's probably 4 inches at the shoulder tip. Again that is on a 48.

Ain't this stuff fun?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: