I just tend to be touchy about firearm safety...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from 166.68.134.174 on January 04, 2001 at 20:53:31:

In Reply to: Easy there big fella posted by MK on January 04, 2001 at 13:09:53:

That is why I recommend replicas. Although the cheaper cost is a nice benifit, it is and has always been my number one concern that safety comes first. Since most of us tend to jump at the chance to show our outfits off, I try and help my fellow costumers as best I can. I agree that in public, even where legal, I would not wear a replica. I have in the past carried both openly and legally concealed. However, it is that costume party or amateur fim production that I am trying to help my fellow Indy fans out. In Hollywood, they can actually use up to 4 variations of the same weapon: the solid resin or rubber throw down model for background or action shots where the weapon will be dropped; a none firing, however functional replica for "hero" shots, a blank firing model, and in some rare instances, the real thing. Brandon Lee was killed during the filming of "The Crow" when a real revolver was used. One scene called for a close up front shot where bullets in the chambers of the cylinder were viseable. They used wooden bullets for safety's sake, however a chunk of one broke off in the chamber. When the weapon was loaded with blanks, the force propelled the chunk out just like a bullet. The weapons master had gone home early that day, and only the property master was on the set. He failed to properly check the weapon. You're right in the fact I wore a uniform to defend our right to bear arms. It's just the old sergeant in me that pushes the safety aspect.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]