"Disney Fatboy" For that short, W-I-D-E torso'd adventurer (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 208-25-51-62.stk.inreach.net on January 04, 2001 at 23:02:12:

In Reply to: On Flight Suits and tapering... and a PS for DeWayne... posted by Patterson on January 04, 2001 at 17:34:23:

: I've discussed the tapering needed with Flight Suits. Honestly, the prototype was fine in proportions. Something in the scaling for the larger sizes seems to be the culprit. "I hate computers, Jock! I HATE 'em!" Not the first time a bit of due diligence and a good eye could have possibly prevented a mistake, but when you sell via mail order, I guess there is really only so much you can do.

: When I talked to Flight Suits yesterday, they said they were making arrangements to fix any jackets that had gone out, and I arranged to return mine - it was 2 inches too big around the waist. Actually, the sizing was perfect for wearing with a sweater, but that was not really the point, was it...

: Want me to get real anal? The problem was isolated to the cut and taper of the front panels. The real panel's proportions look correct across all sizes. It is in the scaling of the distance between the zipper to the seam where the side straps attach. Not sure what algorithm their pattern software is using, but I ended up with an extra inch on each side. As such, the side straps were virtually useless; as the added width was on the wrong side for any amount of cinching to take care of. Also, the side straps were too long - they are supposed to be 7 inches, and somehow crept up to 8.

: It's going back, and they're going to fix it. Am I getting down on this one? Well, I wish it had been perfect the first time out. Kind of takes the wind out of your sails. But I have their assurance that they'll make it right, and they want to get cranking on this even more than we do, I think.

: Hey, it's only a jacket, right? (grin)

: Cheers!

: Patterson

: PS for DeWayne - The Disney Fatboy look comment gave me a good laugh. Nice one!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]