Got a few...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from 206.147.21.229 on January 05, 2001 at 01:57:51:

In Reply to: Favotite Director posted by Indiana Eastwood on January 05, 2001 at 00:09:40:

David Fincher holds high marks with me. "Se7en," while not great, was pretty darn good and packed with style. "The Game," also had its good moments. "Fight Club" is a film I'm currently in love with.

I'm a fan of M. Night Shamalyn [although I don't even know if I can spell his name!], but he's pretty early on in his career...we'll see about him...

Ridley Scott had me at "Blade Runner," and has kept his stuff pretty good over the years. Not a true favorite, but admirable.

And aside from Spielberg and Zemeckis [both obvious choices], that's all I can think of for now.

Ooh! Ooh! Wait! I almost forgot the Coen Brothers, Joel and Ethan. Er, is it Ethan? I can't remember that, either. Some great films there, anyway [anyone else excited for "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"].

Oh yeah ["all I can think of" my butt!], and since I'm on a "brothers" thing, what about those Wachowskis [of "Matrix" and "Bound" fame]? Granted, they couldn't do a Spielberg kind of film, but tell me--could Spielberg do a Wachowski brothers film? I thought not. They get the job done, as long as they're doing the right job for their talents. These guys also understand style.

And that's right, I'm not offering the obligatory George Lucas nomination. The best Lucasfilm productions were directed by Irvin Kershner or Stevie Spielberg.

Aaron, shut up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]