Re: Webley

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 08, 1998 at 07:13:49:

In Reply to: Re: Webley posted by The Raider on September 07, 1998 at 18:15:09:

:
: : : Does anybody know where I can find a webley around here. I live in Georgia. Also, Does anybody know if the guns used in the movies were blank guns or real guns with blanks in them.

: : : matt

: : Good luck, Matt. I live in Tennessee, and have only seen on Webley to date in the last 8 years. The guns used were real, using 5 - in - one blanks. Regards. Michaelson

: The Webley Indy used was brought out of service after WWII, and I don't think production would have been to great. You would be better off trying to locate the only other gun Indy used, the Colt 1911, which popped up in "Raiders" near the end and somehow got mixed in with the revolver in the bar shoot-out.

: ~The Raider

Not to be to picky, but the Webley was actually pulled out of service after WWI, but reissued briefly during WWII until wartime weapon production caught up with the needs of the troops. And I completely agree, the Colt is still available in all forms, old or new issue. The revolvers are all out of active production as of this writing, though there are a lot of used weapons still floating around. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]