Borsalinos are VERY nice hats

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on January 05, 2001 at 16:35:54:

In Reply to: yes Iam slim indy yes Iam the real indy all you other real indys are just imitating so wont the real indy please stand up please stand up posted by The real slim indy on January 02, 2001 at 20:55:52:

: The Worth and Worth hats-ok, so maybe i was wrong about them BUT that doesnt mean anything about Borsalinos. Borsalino should be just right. I have seen so many-it is not even funny. These hats do NOT taper. I think I might buy one, but with as much as they cost, well, im sure you all know. But 215 is the highest I have seen for an Indy hat. Plus, Borsalinos you can get here-and not pay import tax. They are cheaper here in Europe though.

From reports we've been hearing over the past many months, it's been reported that the stock Poet's currently being used to make the Herbert Johnson Indy fedora have been Borsalinos. You can also purchase them through Peter's Bros. store. From all I've seen and read about them myself, they're supposed to be absolutely top drawer fur felt fedoras, but not something you'd probably want to wear out in the bush, but a night on the town. I've seen them range in the $300+ area, so they aren't knock offs by any means. I would imagine they would be less expensive in Europe, as they're out of Spain. The original Poets were supposed to have been out of Brazil, but that supplier went out of business, and so HJ went to Spain for the new stock. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]