Re: Oh, and I realize that only Joel Coen directs. [NM]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Actually they both equally the share directing and producing duties and divide the screen credit only as a goof. from 1Cust12.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 05, 2001 at 18:27:44:

In Reply to: Oh, and I realize that only Joel Coen directs. Thank you. [NM] posted by Aaron on January 05, 2001 at 01:59:17:

: : David Fincher holds high marks with me. "Se7en," while not great, was pretty darn good and packed with style. "The Game," also had its good moments. "Fight Club" is a film I'm currently in love with.

: : I'm a fan of M. Night Shamalyn [although I don't even know if I can spell his name!], but he's pretty early on in his career...we'll see about him...

: : Ridley Scott had me at "Blade Runner," and has kept his stuff pretty good over the years. Not a true favorite, but admirable.

: : And aside from Spielberg and Zemeckis [both obvious choices], that's all I can think of for now.

: : Ooh! Ooh! Wait! I almost forgot the Coen Brothers, Joel and Ethan. Er, is it Ethan? I can't remember that, either. Some great films there, anyway [anyone else excited for "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"].

: : Oh yeah ["all I can think of" my butt!], and since I'm on a "brothers" thing, what about those Wachowskis [of "Matrix" and "Bound" fame]? Granted, they couldn't do a Spielberg kind of film, but tell me--could Spielberg do a Wachowski brothers film? I thought not. They get the job done, as long as they're doing the right job for their talents. These guys also understand style.

: : And that's right, I'm not offering the obligatory George Lucas nomination. The best Lucasfilm productions were directed by Irvin Kershner or Stevie Spielberg.

: : Aaron, shut up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]