USWings/Cooper questions....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU235.mpls.uswest.net on January 06, 2001 at 03:28:41:

I was checkin' out the USWings Indy jackets(which are Coopers) and they offer quite a variety of leather choices. My dad has a Cooper(at least I think it's a Cooper) that he got back in 1990 at a department store. The label inside is rectangular with a leather border and it says "Indiana Jones" in a font similar to the opening credits in "Raiders" and "Crusade". I'm pretty sure the jacket is cowhide, because it looks identical to the cowhide jacket offered by USWings. This leather is really pretty cool, it scuffs kind of easily but it makes it look even better. The color is kind of light though, and almost, just barely, has a hint of gray in it.

I'm wondering what the "vintage lambskin" that USWings offers is like. Does anyone own a vintage lambskin Cooper? The website says it's "slightly puffier" than cowhide. Why is this? My lambskin Wested isn't puffier. Is the USWings lambskin noticably thicker than cowhide? Does it affect the overall look of the jacket? The website also says the lambskin is "softer" than cowhide. Does this automatically mean it's weaker too?

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]