Re: Losing the nerve

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on January 07, 2001 at 13:32:53:

In Reply to: Losing the nerve posted by MK on January 06, 2001 at 17:36:55:

: After seeing how stiff Patterson's PB was, I am going to take that money and get a FS jacket. I would like to have a hat that looks that good and not be so stiff. Jones's hat was not hard as a brick. You can see this in the "making of" video. While waiting to shoot on the Raven bar set. Ford reaches up and shapes the brim while on his head. The brim bends & moves. Also a hat that stiff would be a safty concern for stunt men. I may end up getting a PB, but there have been a lot of great developments this past year. Maybe Joe can make one more improvment.

From the effort I understand you took creating that Miller, I think down the road you'd be kicking yourself for letting it go as well. I think that Joe is just such an ingrained Western hat maker that they only know to put a gallon of felt stiffiner on the felt hat before shipment. Maybe someone who orders the next one could request that he hold off on all the stiffner and see what they end up with. I think even half the amount would hurt the final product. Glad you're going after the FS, by the way. You'll love it. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]