Re: Stetson Nostalgia

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-69.col.cableone.net on January 07, 2001 at 16:10:08:

In Reply to: Stetson Nostalgia posted by MK on January 07, 2001 at 12:43:28:

: How tall is the crown on a Stetson Nostalgia? Also does anybody have both the Nostalgia + the PB hat?

Love talking about hats. Back about 2 years ago the height of the Stetson Nostalgia drew quite a few comments a well as differences of opinion, if I recall correctly. Prior to discovering this forum, I had in my research discovered the Nostalgia in a local hatters Stetson catalog. I had already bought a Temple from him, and it didn't suit the look that I was after. Way too much taper, and too short as well. Anyway, he had to order me a Nostalgia from the Stetson Company. They actually had to make the hat for me, and it took around 6 months for me to receive it. It seems Stetson had rejected the first two hats made, and had to keep remaking it. I finally got it, and it came with a 5 inch open crown. Well, this was still too short, and so I visited the hatter once more looking for a taller hat. He called the Stetson Co., and was told, that 5 inches was the max on dress hats that they made. Now several folks here had bought the Nostalgia and swore to God Almighty, that theirs were 5 1/2 inches tall. I think we finally come to the conclusion, that everyone of these hats came from a factory outlet type store, discounted heavily, due to defects. The assumption was that these particular hats were made too tall, and rejected by quality control. Hope this isn't boring you, but the ground work had to be laid. So, the Nostalgia is supposed to have a 5 inch open crown height, and this is the demise of this hat in my opinion. By the way, have you rejected the PB? Just remember, that Joe will make this hat anyway you want it, and if not, I have the location of a small company that will make an Indy fedora, with the crown upward to 7 1/2 inches. Course the hare felt is 250.00 I think. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]