Re: Hey guys, I know you're experts on all this. So did I buy a genuine autograph?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc from spider-tl012.proxy.aol.com on January 07, 2001 at 18:07:21:

In Reply to: Hey guys, I know you're experts on all this. So did I buy a genuine autograph? posted by Alasdair on January 07, 2001 at 15:18:44:

: Hi guys,

: I just won an auction on eBay for item 534516270. It seems alright, with a certificate and a 45 day guarantee. But it just seems a bit cheap. I got scared and tried to cancel my bid but the damn thing wouldn't let me do it. I know the certificate could be fake, but I've emailed the seller about it, and she seems quite genuine.

: If you could take a look at the item, it's still up there. Any help would be great.

: Thanks

I'd be tempted to say that it's fake, at least the Connery signature. I can't say whether or not Ford's is genuine, but Sean Connery always signs his name vertically when he autographs photos, generally on the right hand side. The signature in this item looks rather horizontal to me. I'd be especially suspicious if they're both signed with the same color ink. What you might want to do is surf the web and try and find some sites belonging to legitimate autograph dealers and compare your photo to ones that they have. Hope this helps!

-Doc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]