Re: Bull Whip prices

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from pm233-04.dialip.mich.net on September 08, 1998 at 19:40:13:

In Reply to: Re: Bull Whip prices posted by Dale Dassel on September 08, 1998 at 10:02:42:

Hi Dale, good to see you back on the forum. I just wanted to comment on those new David Morgan Bullwhip prices. After reading you note I jumped over to their web site to check out the new prices, talk about a BIG surprise. I have watched his prices on his Indy series climb slowly over the past few years by around $15 dollars every six months or so, but this is by far the biggest increase I have seen. I can only speculate as to why such a big price increase, but I have to agree it is very disappointing. I like the Idea of him offering a 5ft version though. Take care, talk to you later.

: : : Dan

: : Well Dale and Dan, I did buy one of the watch lanyards for my pocket watch from Morgan. That's about the extent of my trading with them. Well, at least I finally bought something braided from them. Regards. Michaelson

: Hi Michaelson and Dan. This is a double response letter. I
: have purchased four items from David Morgan: my Indiana Jones
: bullwhip, an autographed copy of Whips and Whipmaking, a 4 foot
: signal whip, and the Filson Rucksack. Very nice, all-American-
: made items. I like buying David Morgan stuff, but not if it's
: going to skyrocket in price. I'm like you Dan, I was completely
: taken aback and shocked at the high whip prices. As I was walking
: around my room, examining my new stash of Harrison Ford memorabilia
: and my Filson bag, I was casually paging through the new Fall/Winter
: copy of the David Morgan catalog. WOW!!! What a shock!!!! The only
: other thing I want to buy from them is the $58 St. Brynach's cross
: sterling silver necklace pendant. It's sweet. And maybe a pair of
: ultra-sensitive kangaroo leather riding gloves to use for whip
: practice. P.S.- I can't wait for it to get COLD so I can get some
: use out of my Wested jacket.

: -Dale

Dale, I just received DM’s fall catalog today, and sure enough it had the new prices listed as well. What really gets me is that I was thinking about having him make me a 6ft Indy whip for target work later this fall, and here the price goes up some $35.00. I was glad to see the prices of his import whips remained the same. I definitely agree with that last statement about the Jacket too.

BTW what do you think of that signal whip?

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]