Well, there you have it - the rest of us can all go home (grin) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on January 09, 2001 at 14:06:31:

In Reply to: Austin Powers was right. Click for details... posted by junior on January 09, 2001 at 14:02:46:

: In regaurding the back panel issue on the Expedition all on has to do is the following. FF your raiders tape (raiders will not be capitalized until it gets the re-release it deserves) to the Marion bar scene. Just after she greets Indy with a punch to the face Ford turns toward her. At this point, slow motion the next few seconds up to the point at which you have a clear side view of Ford and the jacket. You can clearly see all stiching concerns everyone was babeling about a few days ago.

: Upon viewing, one has to award the International Man of Mystery that indeed the back panel stitch, where it meets the shoulder stitch as compared to where the stitch from the base of collar to the same shoulder stitch as the back panel stitch does, is clearly only about 3 inches, no more. The upper back panel of leather is shorter than the Expo's is. You have to be blind to not see it.

: And like A.P., I do not buy the Ford Torso Theory....come on. He was about a 40 or 42 back in 1980, before all the fat started to set it. While your pause button is still selected also notice where the pleat is positioned at the top. I t begins way up the arm, only about three inches from the top collar/shoulder stitch.

: It doesn't matter who is right. It matters what is right. If Flight Suits can not see the change that has to be made, it makes me doubt other things about the jacket as well. Where the pleat begins now makes it inoperable, it's just for looks.

: Don't be duped in by the hype and order your FS in a hurry. DEMAND the changes be made, or you'll be sorry.

: FYI TO INDY FREAKS: There is a great little book you ought to buy. It's called the Worst Case Scenario Handbook. It's pretty cool.

: Challenge the bar scene and see that the measurements are there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]