Guess what topic...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on January 09, 2001 at 14:41:06:

Well, I'm going to pick up a bottle of whiskey, find me a table somewhere out in the sun, and me and the monkey are going to go over this Expedition jacket with some tailors chalk, and my recently recovered notes from the original. I've also managed to have requests for some specific proportions that I did not take to be passed along to the current owner of the jacket. I'll know later today if I'll be able to get them - keep your fingers crossed. If so, I'm limiting the request, as I do not want to piss off the hand that is feeding me. I have asked for pictures as well.

I've let Dave Marshall know what I'm doing, and he's saying, "Bring it on!" I'll send them the marked-up jacket and let them do their thing for me. He's said that they'll use what I give them to adjust their pattern. He's also said that they expect this kind of initial response whenever they launch a new product. I told him if were me - I'd have written this group of customers off as way too high maintenance, with me being at the top of that list. Ah, well – he said “Not at all!” They're going to send me a jacket in lambskin - keep the cost down until they have mine right. Then we'll look at the deerskin later.

One important note? I learned a long time ago to really scrutinize the film footage – think about it before making a judgment. Proportions get unreliable when an action scene is frozen. Estimating measurements can get tricky in uncertain light and when there is no reliable baseline. I'm thinking that we may end up sacrificing original specifications if we go for perceived specifications - not a path I want to go down, personally.

I'm not happy with the Expedition I have - given the reexaminations I've done. I'm giving it one more shot. After that, I'll leave it to the rest of you to work this out. It's not that I don't like doing this, but I have a real job that demands ever more attention of my time and energy. If there were a way to make a living at this stuff, I'd be the first in line to sign on.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: