Well.... the back seam thing has been bugging me for a while.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 208-25-54-19.stk.inreach.net on January 09, 2001 at 17:41:45:

In Reply to: Re: Austin Powers was right. A question posted by Prescott on January 09, 2001 at 16:50:29:

Watch the part in Raiders right after Sapito/Satipo warns Indy of the spiders on his back. As Indy starts to turn his head around, you can clearly see that the back seam of the sleeve does not line up at all with the panel stitching. It looks pretty far below. Sapito/Satipo's torch even lights it up very nice for us all to see. Illumination! It's not one of the gusset seams either, there is no sleeve seam in line with the back panel seam. If the seam did line up, we would see the seam running down the outside of the sleeve rather than along the back of it. Check it out.
See ya! DeWayne

: If I'm doing this right, the distance on my jacket is 4". If you roll that distance back to 3" it makes the to shoulder panel under the collar a little smaller and the back panel with the pleat longer. No problem with looks or functionality as far as I can see. The only problem is that the seam for the sleeve (the one that runs the length of the sleeve in the back) would also roll up 1" forcing it to ride higher down the length of the arm. The solution would be not to match the seam across the back with the sleeve seam. Can you see this on your copy of Raiders?

: Regards
: Prescott

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: