Re: Indy Jones based on ?????????????

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2ivevi4.dialup.mindspring.com on January 10, 2001 at 07:07:45:

In Reply to: Indy Jones based on ????????????? posted by Allan E. Levine on January 10, 2001 at 01:59:37:

Interesting stuff. I've also heard that Indy was partly based on explorer Hiram Bingham. In fact, I've seen a pic (if I can find it again, I'll try to post it) of Bingham looking downright Indified; nifty hat, leather jacket, etc. There is also some talk that explorer Richard Burton was one of the inspirations for Indy. But on the surface, we can't forget the B-movie serial heroes on which Indy is primarily based.
-graml

: Hi!

: I have read a few of your postings and want to add something if I may: one of the curators at the Am Mus of Natural History in NYC said Indy was based on Andrews; however, the daughter of Dr. Tillson Lever Harrison, soldier of fortune, claims Lucas based Indy on her father. Harrison was certainly in a lot of the places listed in the Indy and Young Indy website, which I seem to have misplaced during a computer changeover.

: Not to be forgotten is someone else with an incredible career, James Mackenzie ("Mac") Young, who was invaluable to Andrews and Granger & Shackelford & the other players in Mongolia (q.v.). Mac was Canadian-born, had RCMP & USMC Service, and was part of the Legation Guard in Peking when Andrews hired him. a decade later, Young committed suicide under mysterious conditions in northern CA.

: I would appreciate the opportunity to share info on these topics with anyone reading this posting. Many thanks

: Allan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]