Re: My mark allen whip came! woo hoo!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel from spider-wb023.proxy.aol.com on January 10, 2001 at 10:36:13:

In Reply to: My mark allen whip came! woo hoo! posted by Indy Pete on January 09, 2001 at 20:06:53:

I have had a 14ft David Morgan for about 3 years now. I've had mine in every kind of weather you can think of... including a tornado for that matter! (I live in Oklahoma, need I say more...:-) It has held up very well for me so far and I haven't really had a problem with it becoming damaged from getting wet so far. The only thing I do is I make sure I give it a light coat of Pecard Leather Dressing after drying it out and that keeps it in good shape. Although I do agree that it is better to not get it wet at all though. I just spend a lot of time in the outdoors camping and such, so my whip gets lots of use. The thing I've found that tears it up more than water or snow is sand and dirt! I made it a rule NEVER to use a whip in sand or on concrete because abrasive surfaces really rough up the leather. Also, when sand gets worked into the whip it will cause internal wear on the inner layers of the whip.
I'm finding that lots of people I have talked to say that the Mark Allen whips are just as good as Morgan's. I think now when my Morgan whip gets finally worn out,(hopefully not for a long time...) that I'll get a Mark Allen whip. My 14ft whip I had custom made by David Morgan and it cost me $620 not including S&H! That's just too much! But at the time I got it, I didn't know that anyone else made copies of the Indy whip. Oh, well...

-Daniel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]