Re: I own those...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hogan from deptvass-cp.va.gov on January 10, 2001 at 18:13:13:

In Reply to: I own those... posted by Austin Powers on January 10, 2001 at 15:42:08:

: Those're the exact same boots that I bought about a year ago, although the leather in the picture looks more "suedey" than mine. Mine are more of a smoother chocolate brown, however the scuffs and worn spots look similar. After I bought them I immediately posted a message stating how much I thought they resembled an "Indy look". Nobody seemed to agree. They certainly do have the shape and overall look of the original(I think they even have a steel shank too). Plus the waterproof feature is great. They're really pretty tough and the scuffs only make 'em look cooler. The only thing that's a drawback is the sole. To me it's a tad slippery in the winter(at least here in MN). But then again every shoe is slippery in a MN winter.

: I recommend these for anyone who doesn't want the old-fashioned look of the Aldens. These retain the Indy look but still fit in with contemporary fashion. Plus they don't look like "clown shoes", as the Aldens do. I ordered my normal size and they fit perfect.

: Austin Powers

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may have to get these.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]