Indy 64 Update: Secrets

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from 63.168.199.15 on January 10, 2001 at 20:47:30:

Just polished off the game [treasures included], and I thought I'd offer a list of all of the secrets that I have come across.

1] The bonus level "Return to Peru" becomes available at any time, as long as you have $2500 in your "bank" at that point [from collecting treasures].

2] Attaining a complete 2000 Indy Quotient [by collecting all ten treasures for every level] will unlock the traditional Factor 5 "concert hall and art gallery"--listed here as the "Museum," available under the options menu. The art gallery mimics Factor 5's Battle for Naboo, in that it contains preproduction level sketches for the game. Very interesting. Oh, and a note about the perfect 2000 IQ: you can actually get a 2000 over and over, because the final treasure--the Peru idol--will not permanently stay in your treasure inventory.

3] After much frustration and discussion with other players, I have determined that the Monkey Island easter egg in the Aetherium level has been removed. I would assume this was done because Factor 5 realized that the textures used in that little room were unnecessary for the rest of the game, and therefore took up too much space. I am not sure where they moved the treasure from that room to, I didn't have a list handy with me when I went through the level for the first time. I can confirm, however that there is a full count of ten treasures in the level.

4] Unlike its Monkey Island counterpart, the Close Encounters secret room in Return to Peru remains intact.

5] The only passcode that I have found is the one listed at the end of the credits: REALHARD. It makes the game harder.

Well, I hope somebody finds this usefull. Enjoy!

Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]