Same thing when they repackage old Santa Clauses and sell them as Easter Bunnies! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0127.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on January 11, 2001 at 05:35:35:

In Reply to: Re: The New Indy Toys. posted by Mark on January 10, 2001 at 22:10:59:

: : I agree. You can tell we are starved for attention. They remind me of the Star Wars figures that were available circa 1991 (I'm guessing here) , long after Star Wars was out of the theaters and before the prequels were being discussed. Applause (I think) had some bendy figures, kind of like Gumby (damnit!). My uncle bought a set for his kids, who I had introduced to the trilogy (Don't worry, I turned them onto Indy too). They were hungry for anything Star Wars and that was all they had an opportunity to get. Even if they aren't that high quality, young Indy fans would probably enjoy playing with them without worrying about ruining their dad's $400 Toys McCoy.

: : Granted, I would love a line of figures for Indy like Star Wars got, but you take what you can get...

: : --Micah

:
: By the looks of it, the new figure is probably made by Applause- same height, same standard articulation points as the Star Wars ones that came out a couple years ago, same look too.

: Mark

:p

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: