Preach on, Brother!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on January 11, 2001 at 16:38:23:

In Reply to: Someone's makin' some serious dough off the new Indy toys.... posted by Austin Powers on January 11, 2001 at 16:07:44:

: Man, I'm tired of this crap. They finally introduce a new line of Indy toys and the only place you can buy 'em is at a friggin' Disney theme park. That is unless you wanna get ripped a new one by trying to buy one off E-Bay. There's one 10" Indy figure currently on E-Bay, it's got like 7 and a half more days before the bidding closes, and the damn thing's already $50.00.

: This's bull. What could they possibly sell for at the parks, maybe $15, $20? Someone's makin' some serious profit here, and it sure ain't the fans. You can hardly walk 10 feet in a mall or toy store without seeing 500 different Star Wars toys. But if you want ANY kind of Indy toy you'd better be prepared to take out a second mortgage.

: I could see if these toys were from '81, then a price increase'd be justified. But these things are barely a week old. Thanks, Lucas.

: Austin Powers

I just wonder, though, who we should be angry at...the seller or the buyer who drive this madness, only to bring more on board to try their hand at the selling. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]