True

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on January 11, 2001 at 18:32:48:

In Reply to: Re: Preach on, Brother! posted by Mark on January 11, 2001 at 18:18:24:

:
: : I just wonder, though, who we should be angry at...the seller or the buyer who drive this madness, only to bring more on board to try their hand at the selling. Regards. Michaelson

:
: I think it's the buyer- you have to realize that when the retail price is the only form of wholesale, then naturally the secondary market price will be high. When people want the item, they set their own price on how much they'll pay, it's not the seller shooting it up to 50 bucks. Virtually everything sold on Ebay(in the toy area)are secondary market items, it's not just Indiana Jones. If the major manufacturers would start catering to the little people, then sellers wouldn't have to pay retail prices for their stock- hence the prices would be more 'normal'.

: Mark

Being an active eBayer, buyer AND seller, I can see both sides of the argument. Sometimes you get a decent price, then sometimes a feeding frenzy starts on an item that makes a price go through the roof for no apparent reason. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]