Indy IV tidbit!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hunter from spider-th063.proxy.aol.com on September 09, 1998 at 11:23:21:

Well, this just in: Lucas gave a bief interview for one of the sites reporting on the Star Wars Prequels. In it, some questions were asked and answered about the future plans for Indy IV. Here's a rough copy of what was said.

Q: When will we get to see the fourth installment of Indiana Jones?

A: Probably 2001 at the earliest. It depends more on Steven and Harrison's schedules than mine. I'm ready to do it whenever they find the time.

Q: Would you be willing to release a special edition of the Indiana Jones Trilogy for the 20th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark's release in 2001?

A: By that time, we should be extremely busy with both Episode 2 and the next Indiana Jones film, but we should be able to have something special for the 20th anniversary.

Q: Why did you act as the executive producer of the Indiana Jones movies instead of the director?

A: By the time I had finished directing Star Wars, I knew that I was not going to direct again for a very, very long time. At the time, I felt that I could accomplish more artistically by producing instead of directing. Also, Steven told me, on a vacation in Hawaii, that he wanted to direct a James Bond film, but United Artists told him that only British directors were allowed to helm the Bond films. I told Steven that I had an idea that was better than Bond. Suffice it to say that Steven agreed to direct and I agreed to produce Raiders of the Lost Ark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]