Re: Yet another safety statement

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fire Marshal Bill from 1Cust167.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 12, 2001 at 15:21:58:

In Reply to: Just a safety statement posted by Michaelson on January 12, 2001 at 11:47:56:

: Keep in mind that acetone is HIGHLY flammable. The old press operators I used to work with used the extra press acetone in their cigarette lighters in place of lighter fluid. (any think of trying that product, by the way?), so don't have any open flame around when trying MK's technique. Most finger nail cleaning fluid manufacturers are eliminating acetone from their product, because of the product safety involved. Just a word to the wise. Regards. Michaelson

Hardly anybody ever realizes it but your water heater and the gas heater on your house, if you have one, have partially exposed open flames in them that WILL ignite flammable vapors. Many an arsonist has been unpleasantly surprised while pouring gas inside a dwelling and the furnace kicks on just as the fuel/air mixture is just right. Use acetone in a well ventilated area. I prefer the rolling-around-on-a-gravel-driveway method of distressing a jacket, but I forgot to put mine on last time I did that. I now have nice distressed nipples. I could post some pictures if there is sufficient demand.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]