Could you imagine....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupD147.mpls.uswest.net on January 13, 2001 at 01:23:22:

In Reply to: Question about other Indy/Disney exclusives posted by Mark on January 13, 2001 at 01:01:47:

Could you imagine walkin' into a Toys'R'Us and seein' nearly a whole row dedicated to Indiana Jones toys? Just picture the endless Star Wars toys that you see hundreds of in any toy store, now replace those with Indy toys. Man, that'd be this grown-up kid's dream. I wasn't old enough to remember 'Raiders' before video, so those toys were before my time. I had the 'Temple' Indy figure and even thought I lost the hat I must've played with that thing for hours on end. But I was really heartbroken when, at the age of almost 11, no toys were released for 'Crusade'. I mean there I was, the perfect age to fully appreciate some movie tie-in toys, but I got shafted. It seemed like there was no kind of merchandising for 'Crusade' whatsoever. No lunch boxes, no playsets, no movie cards, no nothin'. I've since found the hat for my 'Temple' Indy and have restored it to a better condition than it was in. So that's the only Indy toy I had as a kid, everything else has been collected later in life. But man that'd be like steppin' into a time machine if you could walk into a toy store and see brand new Indy action figures. They could have variations from all three movies, with every character imaginable. They could have larger, more detailed figures(like the Toys McCoy but at a cost lower than most Hawaiian islands). Vehicles could be made and even replicas of Indy's treasures. But no....only Star Wars fans get this luxury. It's a joke. And now, after 16+ years there's finally a supposed new action figure available through Disney, but no one's seen it, no one knows when or if they'll even be issued. Sometimes I think William Tell's son put up with less stress than us Indy fans deal with on a regular basis.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]