Definitive information about the new Disney Indy Toys.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vogel from spider-te074.proxy.aol.com on January 13, 2001 at 03:55:28:

I've Written on here a few times in the past, but I've never felt as if I have anything truly valuable that i can offer to you fellow collectors until now.

I work In Merchandise at Disneyland.

The Irony is that I didn't even know about the New Indy stuff until I read about it on this site. I Immediately went to the "Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost" and picked up a couple of the 10" statues.

Here are the facts: The Toys first appeared sunday the 7th. It caught everyone by suprise. This site made that discovery public on tuesday the 9th. Wednesday was the day I was able to buy mine, but they were sold out by the end of the day. Once word hit the internet, EVERYONE started calling the Mail Order: "DelivEARS" number. When you order one from the Mail Order department, the Item is taken out of the shop directly. So each one you purchase over the phone is being taken off the sales floor. We have received 3 shipments of the 10" statues, and only one shipment of the Micro Figure Set. All together we have only had between 300 and 400 Statues. As you can imagine, these always sell out on the first day they are received.

If I really wanted to be informative I could tell you which 3 days of the week the Indy shop receives stock... but that would take the sport out of this whole thing. I'm at Disneyland 5 days a week, and I'm afraid I won't even be able to get some of these Items because soooooo many of them are being sold through mail order before the shop even opens to the public. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I'm in a position where I can check daily and see if there is any new stuff.

As stated on this site, we have only received the 2 different Items so far. We haven't seen the 6inch Action Figure or the other Micro Action Playsets yet. And don't believe any rumors you may hear on the net, they could hit any day now. The truth of the matter is, we don't even know what we will receive for a store until it comes in. We have no advance warning. So don't give up! Usually a new product line will come straggling in little by little at first. But within about a month, I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. I know there are those of you out there like myself... I'm impatient, if it's new and it's Indy related, I must own it NOW!!!! ;Þ

Oh well... it's no use stressing out over it. Don't support scalpers. Don't buy on Ebay, use the 1-800 number. It's fast and friendly. And who knows?... you just may get lucky. I will personally keep you guys informed in this forum as to the new Items we get in, and I will include Pictures!

-Randy (Vogel)

"Professor of Archaeology, expert on the Occult, and how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]