I have..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-43.col.cableone.net on January 13, 2001 at 16:23:36:

In Reply to: None of the above posted by MF on January 13, 2001 at 15:53:08:

: I've yet to see a properly reproduced Cairo hat which is, to paraphrase Belloch, the one true hat

My first PB was identical to the hat you speak of. It didn't come that way. I told this story once, and don't mind repeating it. My first hat arrived and I was disapointed with the shape of the crown. It had the taper in it like one of the TOD hats. But the taper was not "blocked", it was the result of the top/sides being pressed inward in the styling phase. Also, the front pinch was only 4 3/8 tall. Too short for my eye. I steamed the hat, pulled the sides out paralle sp?, extended the front pinch as far up as I could, and I was looking at my first streets of Cairo fedora. I might add that the hat came with the brim dropping downward from the crown, and this is necessary for the "look". My next hat from PB came with a little taller crown, and the drop wasn't present on the brim. Looks like the hat from the scene at the bar with Marion. Anyway, the measures I took to extend the front pinch on the first hat, made the top of the hat almost squared off, and this is another necessary attribute that is required for the look. In my experience with hats, only the PB can come close to duplicating the Raiders look you are speaking of. But, I have never owned an HJ. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]