Re: A simple fact about us, SHAWNKARA, read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bellosh from as-02-65-13-84.cwcom.net on January 14, 2001 at 07:32:27:

In Reply to: A simple fact about us, Wested and Herbert Johnson. It sucks, but this is how it is! posted by Shawnkara on January 13, 2001 at 23:28:27:

Shanwnkara, I'm British, and I was ashamed to read your email - bad service, is bad service is bad service, whether the shopkeeper is selling to 'royal heads' or what. Don't stand for it, get exactly what you want. And make especially sure that a snotty British tailor gives you PRECISELY what you've asked for. Whether you're a fan boy or the Queen of England they should be serving their customers equally well that is. England's got a lot to learn from the States in this respect.

: Though it is unfair we're perceived as fat, have- no-life, live-in-our-parents'-basement fanboy geeks. It's like the tired cliche that people use to define Trekkies, or Trekkers, depending on where you stand. Herbert Johnson caters to England's upper class and even to the Royal family, so Iv'e read. Peter Botwright works mainly for the film industry. I know these are businesses that offer a specific product of their own free will and all ethical practices of business should be adhered to, no need to remind me of that. The fact is most people have no interest in ANYTHING the way a hardcore a fan does. The idea that we would pay so much for a useless thing from a movie is a joke to most people, including the people that make those useless things. Most people live by a simple frame of what they perceive as logic: "I lead a dog's life; if I can't eat it or f*&k it, I piss on it", and they'll never get us. A jaded view, I know and sadly, it's also true. When you're making hats for royal heads and filling orders for a production company that orders 50 or 60 of something in one shot the lone 'geek' is not, nor will we ever be, a priority. Question is, do we love Indy enough to put up with all thier shit to get what we want? Yes, I think we do :). Just my two cents.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]