Thanks for this page- some hat observations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from dialup-209.244.99.182.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net on January 15, 2001 at 03:32:33:

In Reply to: Sometimes Lazy Can Be a Good Thing! posted by MK on January 14, 2001 at 18:48:58:

I am making some changes to my hats- deeper dents and more height in the back- these images will help. I'd like to say a couple things about the Raiders hat. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I feel only one hat was used for the entire movie, except for the hat in the Hawaii scenes at the cave entrance and the gun whiped out of the hand scene . There are two pictures of it on your page, the second row from the bottom, center, and one on the right side with the bits of red Japanese writing on the edge- that hat had absolutely nothing in common with the main hat. It was a larger hat, the front dents were different, the brim didn't have the dip over Indy's right eye, no ridge between his right eye and right ear, very little flip in back or sides- it's a different hat- This just goes to show that the peculiarities of the main hat, and there are MANY, aren't to be found in a series of replacement hats. The Cairo street hat looks different because the heat is making it sag, but it still retains all the peculiarities. NOw, concerning the color differences, If you have the CD soundtrack, There's a picture of Indy about to grab the idol- you have a shot of this scene on your fedora page, but in the booklet that comes with the CD (it's not a production shot- you can see the camera and Speilberg) The hat is shockingly light colored- which corresponds to the outdoor color of the hat, and somewhat to the picture on your page of Indy leaning against the fireplace in Marions bar. In other words, It's lighting and filters that made the hat look dark. It's also the light absorbing nature of felt, as you have probably noticed with your own hat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]