Aldens: Is it just me....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupC177.mpls.uswest.net on January 15, 2001 at 04:30:00:

Hi, this's just my monthly rant about the appearance of my Aldens, so feel free to totally ignore this post.

Now, I'm the dude who ordered his 10.5 Aldens but found they were insanely huge. I sent 'em back for a size 10, which fit great, but for some reason they still look huge. I made such a stink on the forum about how it should be a standard rule that people should order AT LEAST a half size smaller than normal. I think IndyGear heard me, because now they have a quote on their Shoe page which says as much. Glad you guys did that, it'll save some future buyers a whole lotta headaches. I just wish it was there before I ordered.

But back to my new rant. The 10's fit great, very comfortable, but they still look big. It's not as obvious when I wear baggier khakis, but if I have jeans on the Aldens look like skis. Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed in some pictures of Indy his boots look a tad big too. What's up with this? Is it just an optical illusion in the design of the boot? When I hold the Aldens sole to sole with other boots, they're only maybe 1/8" longer. Yet these other boots don't look like "clown shoes". Maybe it's because I've never worn smooth-bottomed boots before. Hell, I've never worn any type of smooth-bottomed shoe. Do dress shoes automatically look longer too? Am I the only one who's bugged by this problem?

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]