Re: Au contraire

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Enigma from 1Cust46.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 15, 2001 at 09:40:41:

In Reply to: Au contraire posted by Sean on January 14, 2001 at 11:25:04:

Everything you say makes sense. Star Wars costumery has to be left inside behind closed doors. Try strutting out to get the paper in your Boba Fett get-up. The neighbors will call SWAT and you'll be...well, I'm over it now. Only Indiana Jones stuff and a few items from Star Trek can be worn to work every day, but you can't always combine them. The Indy hat OR the jacket is great, but wear them both and it's "Hey, Indy" all day long. My authentic, licensed William Shatner toupee always gets applause when I were it to board meetings with a suit, but every damn time I slap the CEO on the back while wearing the James T. Kirk rug AND the Star Trek uniform, he gives me the "Live Long and Prosper" Vulcan split-finger salute. Then they all laugh at me until that dork Jim from Marketing comes in wearing his Barney Fife deputy's uniform. I hate board meetings.

: Hey:
: I received both curtious AND prompt service from Wested and Herbert Johnson. If your theory is true, then why did Noel Howard's company begin production on gear items for us? It was onlt because we were recognized as a viable source of money that we now have Indiana Jones shirts, pants, leathers etc... So I don't think we are perceived internationally as "fan-boy" geeks at all. All the items are REAL WORLD items, I mean; you can wear a leather jacket around, maybe even a whip in some circles, and no one will blink an eye...wear a phaser and well, you do the math.
: Another opinion for what it's worth...
: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: