My limited knowledge on tipping the fedora:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0075.cvx34-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on January 15, 2001 at 15:24:39:

In Reply to: OK, I'll play along Miss Manners. posted by MK on January 15, 2001 at 14:54:06:

: but I recall that this it's considered a faux-pas to wear a hat indoors or inside a car.

: Maybe I am a barbarian, but I unfamiliar with that one. Wearing a fedora is a fairly new activity for me, but I never took off my baseball style caps when entering a car. Has anyone else heard of this one? You have found me out though, hat-hair is half of the motivation. As for the other half......well,.....you probably can fill in the blanks. (grinning Michaelson style)

What I remember are the following rules: Take a hat (ballcap too) off when entering a building car, train, or airplane (unless it's a "convertible", or unless you have yor hands full with stuff.) - if you are a guy. Woman don't have to do that because they must not ruffle their hair at any cost! ;) Wearing a hat in a convertible is fine. Never wear any hat when eating in a restaurant, not even a ballcap (I'm guilty on that last one myself!).
And tip that fedora to the ladies! :)
Who knows more on "hattiquette"?
FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: