Re: Does anyone even listen?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-164-153-78.nyc.rr.com on January 15, 2001 at 21:57:26:

In Reply to: Does anyone even listen? posted by Austin Powers on January 15, 2001 at 21:20:37:

Sorry if I didn't answer to your satisfaction, I'm trying to do the best I can. Like I said before, I got a size smaller and I still have more than enough room. However, in answer to your direct initial question, I only feel that they look a little longer than other boots I've worn, but not so significantly that it looks like I'm wearing huge shoes. As a matter of fact, now that I've worn them a month or so, they don't seem long at all. I honestly don't know why the style is not rounded except that the man at the store said that the film people must have been knowing what they were doing when they picked that particular boot because the style of the boot is typical of the time when the movie was supposed to have happened (i.e. 1940s). I hope this helps more than my last comments.

Indy Sean

-----

My feet DON'T slide around in the Aldens. The width is fine. And I KNOW the length compared to other boots is about the same.

: What I'm saying is WHY do they still look so much longer? Mine fit fine, I just believe there's too much room past my longest toe. I hear what you're saying about the design, I know if I got a size smaller then my shorter toes'd be scrunched. But why not make the boot more rounded, instead of having the "cowboy boot" type point, which creates the excess room past the longest toe?

: Anyway I give up. My original question was if anyone else felt they "looked" longer than other boots they've worn. But no one can answer. I guess I'm the only one not used to wearing shoes that have an optical illusion of looking like skis.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]