Re: Cameron: the most Hollywoodized Canuck

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sallah from sthas1153.wwnet.com on September 10, 1998 at 12:25:56:

In Reply to: Re: Cameron: the most Hollywoodized Canuck posted by The Raider on September 09, 1998 at 17:15:01:

:
: : : If your like me, your sick of hearing rumors about Indy 4 and shady quotes from from the people DIRECTLY involved (like Spielberg) that suggests there will be another Indy film by the next millenium. What I want is a press release or an interview or SOMETHING giving DEFFINATE answers on this issue. I want it so bad, I feel as if I can almost comand it to happen with sheer will power (like a Jedi). For the past five years, Spielberg has only done movies concerning deep human issues (save for The Lost World, which ruled) and has been ignoring his roots. He's not famous for a compromised Spanish slave vessel or a German noble who has saved a handfull of Jews from a gascious death. He's famous for bringing childhood dreams to reality, like friendly extra-terrestrials and bringing dinosaurs to life. In our case, he is known better for helping create the most American hero icon to date (Indy). So why is he spending his time with "Memoirs of a Geisha" and ignoring the roots of his fame. I'm not saying I won't like Geisha. I'll probablly watch it and enjoy it, but I'd rather see the next Indy movie first, and I'm sure a lot of Spielberg fans will back me on that.
: : : I'm sorry. I'm just bitching because of severe Indy withdrawl. Having seen the old movies and having obssessed over the details of them, I need something fresh and new. And soon. I'm JONSE'n for an Indy fix. (Pun deliberate)
: : : Mack

: : Here Here! I have to agree with you for the most part Mack. But bear in mind that if you listen to the critics, Mr. Spielberg had never made a serious film untill Shindler's List and it got him his first Oscar. Personally though, I think most critics lose sight of the fact that Spielberg's movies usually are supposed to connect with us on a childish level. Now if you ask me, Shindler's List was great, the Lost World was a mystery, Amistad = Shindler's List revisited, and I still havn't seen Saving Private Ryan.
: : Spielberg does need to make another childish movie and Indy4 should be the ticket. But hey, look how much exposure James Cameron has now that he tackled a serious subject.

: James Cameron may be getting alot more media exposure, but I liked it better when he was a action nut. The Terminator movies and Aliens, not to mention the underrated Abyss., were ten times better than Titanic.
: In fact, now that he has been getting all this covreage, it makes me sad to see he has forgotten his roots.

: ~The (very Canadian) Raider

I agree too, and look where Cameron's going -Spiderman??? Has he lost it?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]