U.S. Wings kangaroo jacket.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Misfit from 1Cust173.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 16, 2001 at 18:09:35:

In Reply to: correction: DYEING (nm) posted by 29yr.old Indy on January 16, 2001 at 17:26:12:

I recently bought one, too, and the color is very light. And there is that extra seam on the underside of both sleeves. But that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it didn't fit. I have a cowhide U.S. Wings in the same size and it fits perfectly. But the kangaroo was a full size bigger. I measured several areas on both jackets and compared. The kangaroo was significantly larger in every one. Getting through to the company's customer service by telephone is impossible; they obviously want you to use e-mail for their convenience. I received a response back from Hack, who said the kangaroo does run larger. He offered to exchange it but said he didn't really care if I kept it because there is a long line of folks who want the kangaroo skin. Make of that what you will. Let us know how the dye job turns out. I plan to darken mine with Pecards and use.

: : ...and it is pretty nice. The leather is tough but it is a light brown color. Also, the pattern on the sleeves is different than Patterson's and the one shown on the Wing's website. On the sleeves, in the back, they added a horizontal seam between the 2 vertical ones. This doesn't really bother me as much as the color, though. Has anyone ever tried dieing a jacket? I'll appreciate any suggestions. 29yr.old Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]