once more on my wested experience

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satch from user-37ka9ng.dialup.mindspring.com on January 16, 2001 at 23:27:39:

In Reply to: WESTED ABSOLUTELY F@#$&*G SUCKS!!!!!!! posted by Indiana Dog on January 16, 2001 at 14:18:44:

please read this through if you're considering buying wested. i held off on posting this because i wanted to give peter a chance to rectify the situation, but he has not responded to my e-mail. i'm not writing out of malice or temper.. the problems i'm reporting happened right after christmas. i ordered a new lamb jacket with several modifications (facings,gussets), because i understood this to be the best way to get a lasting wested jacket. in short, my jacket arrived 3 days before christmas (ordered on october 9th), with none of the alterations i had spent so much time researching these posts to have included. it was all i was getting, so i kept it... 3 days later, my sleeve mysteriously has a hole in it... clear through the leather. you might say i wore it rough or something, but that's not the case. two weeks after getting the jacket, the cuffs, waist, and storm flap had worn greatly. i expected this over time, but not two weeks. here's the kicker. while examining my jacket's wear (once again only two weeks after christmas), i realized that the lining (satin) of my jacket beneath my armpits has torn on BOTH SIDES. the fabric is quickly unravelling. i can see the white backing on the leather and could fit three fingers in on one side if i tried. i'm just a high school kid, and haven't rolled down any mountains or anything... if this jacket can't take the minimal wear i've put on it (like going out to the movies), then it must really suck. it looks pretty good now from the outside, but i fear it is fatally flawed. don't buy wested... i learned this the hard way. i will continue to post this type of message until my experience has been rectified and as long as people question the quality of wested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]