I am saddened...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001a-p2-039.cybertours.com on January 17, 2001 at 00:30:02:

In Reply to: WESTED ABSOLUTELY F@#$&*G SUCKS!!!!!!! posted by Indiana Dog on January 16, 2001 at 14:18:44:

: I cannot express to you enough, DO NOT DEAL WITH WESTED!!!! They lie through there f'n teeth on a daily basis!!!! The jackets (now that we have FS to compare to) look horrible. The pre-didistressed is the sorriest lookin' jacket I've seen in quite some time. Nothing but complaints on the board from them. Flight Suits is made in AMERICA!!!! GO U.S.!!!!!!!! If that isn't enough for you, read some past complaints about Wested!! Thinkgs are not changing and if you continue to buy from them, they never will. Just look at the pictures of the two and be honest with yourself, the Flight Suits jacket IS THE Indiana Jones jacket and the people there actually care about their customers and want you to be happy with your purchase. They don't take one muffed up order and send it to someone else. MAN! Let's pull together and give the people that deserve it our business and stick it to WESTED!!!! To many of us have been screwed over by them and there's NO excuse for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been in and out of the Indyfan forum for a long time now. Not as long as folks like Michaelson, but certainly longer than most folks on here currently, and what saddens me the most is seeing the forum take on such an aggressive, negative tone. When I first got into this hobby, Micah's fine website here didn't exist and I really felt alone in my quest until I encountered Lee Keppler who then directed me toward what is now Wested leather, Herbert Johnson, David Morgan, Alden shoes, etc. God only knows how he was able to find all of that information without the internet back when he did it but he did and since then, I've ordered at least one of everything that our intrepid archaeologist wore. I have been delighted by the service and quality of the products I've received, and was even more delighted when folks like Peter and Noel Howard offered their services to this Forum with such care and attention, like we had our own private audience with these gentlemen. Let me remind you all that they didn't have to do this. They both got on just fine with their respective businesses without us. They will do it again if we are not careful to revist our respectfulness. Now I have seen people begin their complaints directed toward Peter over something like wait time. Remember that these jackets are made to order and Peter's business is still family owned and operated. Give it time! I don't blame Peter if he's gotten just a little fed up with this group of people, and can say right now that he is doing more by still even agreeing to business with us than I would do in his shoes. He doesn't have to sell to us. For god's sake, folks, the man's head is spinning. He caters to the film and movie industry with tight time schedules and graciously finds the time to work with us on custom made Indy jackets. Have you ever just sent him a friendly email saying you appreciate his efforts? You can get more flies with honey than you can with shit. My mother taught me this. It is the absolute truth. If you have a legitimate complaint, call the man and politely explain your trouble. EVERY time. If the complaints increase. Stay polite. Stay polite some more. Getting angry and impolite creates horrible customer relations and you will never get the service you wish. Have you ever worked in retail and had a customer berate you? I have and I have to tell you, I just walked away from them because I refuse to serve someone that treats me that way. Remember Gandhi and MLK on this occasion. Be respectful. Be passive. Be polite. You will impress and command respect in return. Sorry for this soapbox. I just felt it needed to be said. I love this forum and hate to see it turn into a snakepit of discontent.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]