An idea about E-bay scalpers...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on January 17, 2001 at 09:35:40:

Hey gang:
I REALLY hate seeing people getting ripped off, and since I'm not a registered E-bay seller I can't do this, but!
Why doesn't someone post the phone number for Disney/World/Land there and let these poor unfortuneate people who are bidding $20 + on a $6 item know they're being taken advantage of.

For example, I see today another 4" has popped up and offers a "limited edition" blah blah blah Indy - correct me if I'm wrong but that hasn't been determined yet, right? There's no sign that there will be a shortage of them in the next little while, so I find the seller to be making false claims.

Here's why I feel so passionate about this: 1) I'm a former Star Wars collector 2) I live in Canada, where we don't get a lot of the same quantity of collectibles that the States gets.
I've had to shell out BIG bucks for some Star Wars things from scalpers because we couldn't get them "up" here, which is my own damn fault but I took some time to realize this. I don't want to see the same thing happen to Indy because I feel it's sacred...
Being weird, yes, but there's a gem of an idea there.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: