Me too! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Junior Jones from 12.32.77.146 on January 17, 2001 at 14:20:57:

In Reply to: You say you're more a Disney nut?? (nm) posted by Dakota Ellison on January 17, 2001 at 12:46:16:

: : We spent Sunday and Monday at Disneyland. On Sunday, the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost was fully stocked with the new toys. My wife and I looked - the thought of taking everything and putting it away for future Ebay activity was tempting. Honestly, though - I don't care for the quality of the items. Yes, the boxes look cool, but the quality is typical Disney merchandise - and I'm more of a Disney nut than I am an Indy nut.

: : Anyway, by Monday the store was cleaned out by phone orders. The staff there said they had not expected anything like this. I talked to the buyer who was in the store at the time. I pointed her to this site and explained that I had put the phone number on line. She said they'll try and stock up on the items, but the realities are that they have limitations on the exposure they can take on non-Disney items. Remember, Lucasfilms gets royalties on Indy-specific items, and the relationship between Disney and Lucas has cooled since the opening of the attraction at Disneyland. That's one reason for not stocking the jackets anymore.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: